August 2011 Newsletter
The Lady Fatemah Trust Ramadhan Appeal:
Assalamu Alaykum and welcome to this month’s newsletter. As always, we would like to extend our heartfelt thanks to you for your support and generosity.
Without it, we would be unable to continue the work that we do. We pray that all your efforts are accepted and that your kindness is rewarded. Ameen.
The Holy Prophet (pbuh) has said:
“ .... Blessed is the wealth of a Muslim from which he gives to the poor, the orphans and to needy travellers....”
Donate to LFT online
The LFT is now registered with a number of online providers including JustGiving and JustTextGiving.
Donate your latte this Ramadhan
In the month of Ramadhan, we put aside our daily comforts of food and drink in order to obey the command of Allah (s.w.t.) and get closer to him. One of the benefits and purposes of fasting is to identify with and experience the hunger and thirst of millions across the globe who struggle to find a meal throughout the year, let alone in Ramadhan.
Donating the cost of your daily latte can help improve one of these impoverished lives. Put into context:
One coffee: £2.50
- can provide basic Iftar for a family for approximately three days
- can provide clean drinking water for a family in Pakistan for a year
One month of coffees: £75
- can provide three families with Iftar for the whole of Ramadhan
- can provide three people with the gift of sight via cataract operations
- can sponsor an orphan for three months
- can provide income generation to a family by providing them with a sewing machine
Please consider donating this small sum to help alleviate someone’s suffering this Ramadhan.